Embroidery & Screen Printing Artwork Guide
Uniforms are a stamp of branding and professionalism, and help develop and foster employee satisfaction and a team culture. Whether you are a business, sporting group, or an individual, embroidering and/or screenprinting your uniforms is an ideal way to promote your endeavour.
As part of our complete Uniform Solutions, we offer comprehensive embroidery and screenprinting options to help customise your uniform needs and assist your professional brand recognition.
Below is an artwork guide to assist with your Embroidery and Screenprinting requirements:
- The pricing of your embroidery is dependent on the number of stiches within your logo and not the number of colours used. For example a filled logo where the background has been filled in by stiches will be more expensive than one that uses the garment as the background colour.
- Embroidery requires only minor or no set up cost as it is computerised.
- If your logo is very large or you want it to sit right across the back of a shirt for example, then screen printing (see below) may be a more economical way of branding.
- For embroidery jobs we simply require a good electronic file of your logo in colour. A high resolution Jpeg or layered vector file in Eps or PDF format is preferred but we also accept Gif, Tif or Bmp files.
Usually images taken from a website are unsuitable due to their resolution size as they affect the outcome of your design, but feel free to send us your artwork for inspection. A resolution of 300 to
600dpi would be preferable. These can be sent to us via email or via post on a CD or USB stick.
Please specify if colours or any other details of your logo or design need adjusting.
Please email your logo to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please post your logo to: ATT Embroidery
Allens Industrial Products
PO Box 529
Archerfield Q 4156
- Unlike paper printing, your logo then requires "digitising" or adjusting with a special program in order to build a computerised logo that can be stitched and followed by the embroidery machine. We take care of this for you.
- The thread colour gets matched as close to possible to your specified colours. If you have your PMS colours in a RGB or CKMY format, feel free to supply us with this information. Sometimes however it is very difficult to get a thread to match your exact PMS colour, but we can normally get extremely close.
- We will then send you an electronic proof of your design that you can approve by signing off. Once we receive your approval on artwork, we can begin production.
- A sample "stitch out" of your embroidered logo can also be requested and provided for large jobs. Please let us know if this is required.
- Should you not have your artwork in acceptable form, do not be concerned. Allens can provide artwork design to you via our graphic designers at an additional cost. Please contact us should you require this service.
- Should you require individual names on garments, please email these as a text or as a Word ocument to ensure we get the spelling correct and avoid ambiguous hand writing.
Screen Printing Artwork
- Screenprinting is created by placing paint on a garment.
- An individual screen needs to be created for each project. Please note that any changes to your design (i.e. changing a year or name) will require a new screen to be produced.
- Screenprinting has a higher set up cost due to this process, however screen printing can work out much cheaper especially for higher quantities of garments requiring large prints.
- The number of colours used in your design will also affect the cost of screen printing as each "colour" requires another manual pass on the garment.
- A good copy of your logo or design in colour will need to be provided. A Jpeg or Eps file is preferred but we also accept Gif, Tif or Bmp files. A resolution of 300 to 600dpi would be preferable. These can be sent to us via email or via post on a CD or USB stick. Please see the postal information above and advise if any colours or any other details of your logo or design need adjusting.
- We will then send you an electronic proof of your design that will include an approval statement. We will ensure we have received your signed approval prior to proceeding with the screen printing.
- Once we receive your approval on artwork, we can begin production.
To request a quote for your logo application please download our Template Form here. This will need to be filled out and returned via email to email@example.com.
Additional Artwork Adjustments that can be provided by Allens Industrial Products
Allens Industrial Products is happy to provide free artwork assistance where possible. In some cases our customers need a little more assistance with the logos and designs. We are able to offer the below services at an additional cost.
Rough edges on your design can affect how your garments will turn out. We can clean up your pixelation issues by increasing the size of your image and redrawing your outlines so that your design prints perfectly. We can even change the colour of your logo or add an outline.
Removing Background Colours
Sometimes you might like deleting the background colour of your logo and use the garment colour as the background instead. Our designers will remove that background and show you a final design layout of your image placed directly on your apparel.
Any piece of artwork can be completely modified, so simply state what colour changes you require and our designs can adjust these for you.
Adding, removing or changing text or art on your Logo
We can easily add or remove text to your design or implement additional design elements. Contact us if you require us to simplify or adjust your logo for you.